Sunday 23 November 2014


Zoya Afroz : I knew Sonali would do well in Bigg Boss



Zoya Afroz : I knew Sonali would do well in Bigg Boss
Zoya Afroz at Manfest
Femina Miss India International 2013 Zoya Afroz was in her hometown Lucknow on Friday to attend IIM-L's Manfest-Varchavsa.

Femina Miss India International 2013, Zoya Afroz, who made her Bollywood debut with the Himesh Reshammiya starrer The Xpose, says it was only acting that she had considered as a career option even when she was growing up. "My roots are from Lucknow. I was born here and later on, moved to Mumbai. It's very cliched, but I only wanted to pursue acting and be a Miss India. There isn't any back-up plan if my acting career doesn't take off. I will continue struggling, aur koi plan nahi hai," says the beauty queen-turned-actress, who was in the city to judge the Campus Princess event at IIM Lucknow's annual fest, Manfest-varchavsa.

WHAT'S THE HURRY?

Zoya is in no hurry to do another film after The Xpose, which had an average run at the box office. "I mostly want to do lead roles. I'm open to doing offbeat films, any interesting story where I can showcase my acting skills. I'm reading 2-3 scripts now but haven't finalised any yet," she says. How about television, considering she's done quite a few shows on the small screen during her childhood, including Sonpari, Jai Mata Ki, Hum Saath Saath Hai and Kora Kaagaz? "I'm not interested in doing serials. As a kid, it was fun doing them. But you know, it's like a job where they send you home only to sleep. That's what my friends have been doing. Unke paas toh workout karne ka bhi time nahi hota, and their skin is messed up because they are required to wear make-up for almost 20 hours a day," she says.

CROWNING GLORY

Zoya bagged a film in the same year in which she won the Miss India title. So does she attribute it all to the mileage the beauty pageant win gave her? "Yes, it is a stepping stone, but then it's not the only way to it. It gives you a platform and can get you auditions, but after that, it's only your acting skills that will take you through. People put so much money in making films, so they can't take someone who cannot act. After the first film, it's between you and the audience. If they love you, people will cast you again. The journey keeps becoming difficult after that," she avers.

NOT CONTROVERSY'S CHILD

There were reports in the media of Zoya slapping The Xpose co-actor Sonali Raut during the promotion of their film on Comedy Nights With Kapil. So is Zoya watching Sonali these days on Bigg Boss 8? "I have watched a few episodes this season. Sonali Raut is doing quite well. I expect her to be there till the end. Even when she was going, I knew she would do well in the Bigg Boss house," she says, adding, "I was also offered Bigg Boss but I refused it. I can never be a part of it, maybe because I'm a reserved person. Since my acting career demands me to be a little open to people, I make myself that way, but in reality, I'm a quiet person. Being on Bigg Boss, 24x7 you are in front of the camera. I'm not a person who can fight and take so much pressure."
 

Jimmy Shergill happy about Delhi winter shoot


Jimmy Shergill happy about Delhi winter shoot
Jimmy Shergill
 
Jimmy Sheirgill made a short pitstop in the capital recently , when he visited a children's film festival with the team of his film. While this was, as he called it, a "trailer visit", the actor is looking forward to returning soon to shoot the sequel of Tanu Weds Manu.

He told us, "We'll be coming to Delhi in the first week of December, and then I'll be in and out of the city for those two weeks. The first schedule of the movie was shot in Lucknow and the next schedule will be completed here. That is the best time to be in the city and I am really looking forward to Delhi winters once again. I've spent so much time here and I'd really miss the winters when I was stuck with work and couldn't come up north.But I am lucky this year."

Ex couple Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan attend the same event, avoid being snapped together 

Ex couple Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan attend the same event, avoid being snapped together

Hrithik Roshan|Happy New Year
Post their official divorce, estranged couple Hrithik Roshan and Sussanne Khan, apparently for the first time, attended the same event recently in Mumbai. It was the announcement of a tie-up between jewellery brand Tanishq and Sussanne’s sister and jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali, that brought the ex husband and wife together under the same roof.
 
While the two avoided from being clicked together, Hrithik happily posed with his former sister-in-law Farah, for the media. His equation with Sussanne’s family at the event certainly proved that their separation has indeed not affected the bond that they share with each other’s families.
 
Sometime back too, Hrithik lent his support to Sussanne’s brother and actor Zayed Khan when he launched Zayed’s upcoming film.
 
Click further to see when Duggu mingled with his former in-laws yet again!

 Won't use Alia's stardom for personal gains: Pooja Bhatt

After a couple of years of will she, won't she, Pooja Bhatt is set to act after thirteen long years in Reema Kagti’s 'Mr Chaalu'.
After a couple of years of will she, won't she, Pooja Bhatt is set to act after thirteen long years in Reema Kagti’s 'Mr Chaalu'.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt says she is very protective about her half-sister Alia, who has been climbing up the ladder of her film career, and will only make a movie with the actress when the right project comes.  The 42-year-old actress-turned-filmmaker said she is proud of her Alia's success and is happy to see the young actress on a roll with a string of hits like 'Student of The Year', 'Two States' and 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania'.
 
"Since her childhood Alia wanted to be an actress. She was very clear. I am happy to see that she is on a roll. I think she is doing very good. She is my little baby and I am very proud of her. I know people want to me to make a film with Alia but in our family we don't have the habit of using someone's stardom for personal gains. I am very protective about her," said Pooja . The 'Jism' director said that Alia, 21, is in the same phase like her when she started out her career in the '90s. 
 
"Alia is in a wonderful phase with back-to-back hit films. It reminds me of the time when I began my career. I had three hits in a row with films like 'Daddy', 'Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin' and 'Sadak'," Pooja said. 
 
It has been two years since Pooja directed a film. Her last movie as a director was Sunny Leone-starrer 'Jism 2', which released in 2012. The filmmaker said she has decided to focus on investing in talent and films and is not thinking about direction at the moment. 
 
"After 'Jism 2', I decided to invest in talent, good stories, scripts. For example, I spotted Gulshan Devaiah in films like 'Shaitan', 'Hate Story' and I saw a potential in him. I gave him a two-film deal, which I normally don't. 
 
"So I am enjoying this phase now. Direction will happen when it has to happen. But I am happy doing this right now," she said. 
 
Pooja is currently busy with two films that she is producing- Soni Razdan-directed 'Love Affair' and 'Cabret' starring former cricketer Sreesanth. 
 
"I am happy that there are two amazing films. 'Cabret' will go on floors in January and 'Love Affair' will begin shooting in March," she said.

 

Revealed: Vidya's character in 'Hamari Adhuri Kahaani'


Vidya Balan is playing a florist in her next film, 'Hamari Adhuri Kahaani'.

The actress has not been spotted in Mumbai recently because she is busy shooting for the film in South Africa and Dubai.

Looks like Vidya has 'flower power' to add to her already impressive list of performances.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment