Monday 20 October 2014

Shah Rukh Khan praises Deepika Padukone, says she was always a star

Shah Rukh Khan praises Deepika Padukone, says she was always a star

Mumbai: Shah Rukh Khan, the producer and hero of Deepika Padukone's debut film "Om Shanti Om", says she has paved the way for her own success and that she always had it in her to be a "star".

SRK and Deepika worked under Farah Khan's direction for "Om Shanti Om", and the team has joined hands again for the forthcoming "Happy New Year". In the gap of seven years, Deepika has established herself as one of the reigning beauties in Bollywood -- and Shah Rukh feels the success is "all hers".

"I have nothing to do with her (Deepika's) success. It's all hers. You can't take credit away from someone," Shah Rukh told reporters in a group interview.

Citing his own example, he said that when he worked on his debut film "Deewana", veteran actors like Rishi Kapoor and Amrish Puri were very nice and kind to him.

"I must have made mistakes, I must have been good and bad," Shah Rukh said as he mulled over his own journey.

But then talking of Deepika, he said: "I think Deepika was always a star. Since she was new, we did the 'Aankhon mein teri' song and we showed it to Amitji (Amitabh Bachchan). He said, 'She is a very huge star'. She was a supermodel at that time, so it's not something we (Farah and I) have done.

"I haven't worked with her for seven years, but I think she has it all. As a friend, I told her that 'Always do a film where you feel comfortable with the people around'. She has made wonderful choices -- whether it's 'Cocktail' or 'Finding Fanny'.

"She has chosen some highly commercial films too; she has made the right choices," he said.

 Amitabh Bachchan: Insecurity from masses greatest challenge
Amitabh Bachchan: Insecurity from masses greatest challenge
 


Mumbai: Amitabh Bachchan has seen highs and lows in his over 40-year-old career and the megastar, who enjoys a strong fan base all over the globe, says insecurity from the masses is greatest challenge for celebrities.

The 72-year-old eagerly waits to see his fans gather in front of his house here every Sunday - and the crowds have only grown over the years.

Big B took to his blog srbachchan.tumblr.com Monday to share the systematic routine that he follows each Sunday morning, and how he experiences an adrenaline rush with the "roar of the anticipated crowd".

But when he returns back, he ponders if "this would be the last visit from them...would they still be interested enough to come the next Sunday or not...and on."

"Insecurity from the masses is the greatest challenge one has to face ... those that can, and many do, are blessed...I am not...for me the call from the audience is the moment of reckoning...

"They can deflate you and pick one up, they can elevate you to unknown heights and bring you down with a thump...I have seen it all...the elevation and the deflation... the plateau effect and the effect of stagnation... of the smile among audiences, of de recognition, of shame and victory from it, and the triumph of those that decided to make what you become," he added.

He says "it is a stage that often invites the lessening of the interest...a cause that shall happen to us all in the business".

"Those that can bear it and live with it in peace and understanding are my heroes," added the megastar.



PIX: Preity, Huma, Anurag Kashyap at Mumbai Film Fest

The star count at the Mumbai Film Festival has been pretty impressive this year!

When the 16th edition of the Mumbai Film Festival ran into troubled waters after the primary sponsor bowed out, several Bollywood celebrities turned up to save the day.

Subsequently, they have been showing up for film screenings on a daily basis.
Here's celebrity sightings from day five of the fest.


 
Preity Zinta donned a red salwar kameez for the occasion.

 
Actress Huma Qureshi looked sharp in her androgynous outfit and a cardigan.

 
Anurag Kashyap and Vikramaditya Motwane take part in the discussion before the former's Black Friday is screened.

 
Festival regulars Ranvir Shorey and Sanjay Suri were also spotted.

 
Filmmaker Satish Kaushik poses for pictures.

 
English Vinglish director Gauri Shinde arrives.

 
Lalita and Kalpana Lajmi make their way to one of the screenings.

 
Onir smiles for the cameras.

 
Actor Sachin Khedekar and Finding Fanny director Homi Adajania were also spotted.

 Telly stars share their childhood Diwali memories

Telly stars share their childhood Diwali memories
 

Mumbai:  For television actors like Shivin Narang and Shashank Vyas, Diwali does not only mean decking up their house with lights, flowers or making elaborate rangolis. It makes them nostalgic and gives them a reason to look back at their childhood memories associated with the festival of lights.
From gorging on homemade sweets to the bursting of crackers, here’s what they have to say of their memories of Diwali, which falls Thursday this year.
Shivin Narang: Every Diwali is memorable for me. But I still remember the time, about five years back, when I bought a lot of crackers. In Delhi, we literally have a competition of 'who will burst more crackers'! These are some special memories that I cherish.
Shashank Vyas: I remember seeing my mother prepare sweets and snacks for Diwali every time I got back from school. I even tried to cajole her to allow me to taste the sweet treats, but she always made me wait till all the rituals were over.
Tina Dutta: Diwali as a child meant new clothes, lots of chocolates and mithai (sweets). I remember as a child, once my mom bought an expensive dress for Diwali and I was really excited with the pink dress and flaunted it to everyone.
Sneha Wagh: Most memorable Diwali was when I was in college and I had burnt a lots of crackers with my neighbours.
Jasvir Kaur: I remember helping my mother in making sweets for Diwali and exchanging them with our neighbours. It was really special and I miss it.
Simple Kaul: My most memorable Diwali was when I was 16 years old because my dad bought a new car in my name. So that was the best Diwali ever!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment